As the archery opener inches in, I find myself in last-minute prep stages of the hunt. By this point I’ve done all I can do to prepare physically, now it’s just down to packing the gear, whipping up some food, and hitting the road. When it comes to food, it’s relatively easy to find carbs but not always easy to find enough protein in the grab and go snacks that make the packing list. This year, whether I’m in Alaska’s sheep country or hunting my home state of Oregon, protein is a must on my list. Jerky, protein bars, nuts, and cheese can provide a few grams of much-needed muscle repairing protein, but why not with something even yummier. If you want a quick grab that can give your body a boost in the area of muscle building and repair – try my Protein Poppy Seed Bites.
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup agave sweetener
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 Chobanai vanilla greek yogurt (5.3oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 5 scoops Daily Strength Vanilla Protein
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine agave and butter.
- Lightly mix half and half, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, Daily Strength, and salt. Mix until it is combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Pour into greased muffin tins or use muffin liners.
For regular size muffins bake 15-18 minutes.
For bite-size muffins bake 10-12 minutes.
Makes aprox. 12 servings.